I passed a mother of a kidney stone fragment today, it stung some but I'm glad to have that much more out of me. The stone I have (had?) is 2cm and this piece that appeared today was about 7mm (3/4cm), so it's almost half the size of the overall stone! It's flat, but it's wide and long, so it's a good portion of what was in there. If more of these size pieces pass I'll be very happy. I'll take the pain for a short period to pass them rather than have them stay inside giving me more pain over a longer period of time. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.
I finished Paycheck today and posted a review on my site, you can check the review here. In a nutshell, it's a decent flick, along the lines of Total Recall but a little better, in my opinion.
I went out for a drive for the first time in over a week, I needed food so I ventured forth to the grocery store. I go to Redner's, a store chain here in Pennsylvania where I've found the best prices around on almost everything, which helps when you're sick and out of work for the better part of 8 years! They have warehouse prices with grocery store portions and there are no membership fees, it's a normal store anyone can shop at.
I was also reminded today why I hate people. I almost forgot being homebound for 10 days; people are selfish and obnoxious as a general rule. Upon arriving at the store I was greeted by a shopping cart left lazily in the handicapped parking space...while the Cart Return corral was no more than 10 feet away! Who the hell is so damn lazy they can't walk an additional 10 feet to put a cart away?! Selfish people who don't give a crap about someone needing a handicap spot, that's who. I speak not only for myself, because I can park a little further away without too much problem (though it helps to not have to walk too far) but there are people worse off than me, elderly people or people with severe mobility issues and this spot is carelessly left unusable to make someone's day just slightly more convenient. I hate those people. These are the people that never leave a space between stopped cars at traffic lights to let other drivers in or out of gas stations or stores or other entrances, yet they'll be the first to lay on their horn when you do the same thing preventing them from getting into those gas stations, stores or other entrances.
Yes, even though I had to park further away because I couldn't use the handicapped spot, I detoured to retrieve it and move it the additional 10 feet in the opposite direction so the next person is a little more comfortable walking 40-50 feet less to get their food, although they're probably the same people who would just leave the cart back in that spot once they're done with it too....but I'm not, so I don't just ignore it.
When you're inside a store other people ram their carts into each other without so much as a "sorry" and they'll block the entire aisle while they decide if they want cubed or crushed pineapple chunks. They don't see or hear anyone else invading their universe and when you make your presence known they act as if you're interfering with brain surgery.
One on one, people are usually pretty acceptable, and I've been fortunate to know quite a few exceptional people, but out there, in the world, it's full of little people too self involved to care about anyone but themselves and when you get them together in large groups you get riots and wars.
Life in general sucks so take the moments of peace and love when you can get them, because they're little slices of pleasure that don't happen often enough.
RobMac
No comments:
Post a Comment