Yes, the cats survived the day....mostly by sleeping and keeping out of my way.
Not much happened today as I didn't go anywhere. I'm still not up for "out" after the procedure last week.
I played a little Star Wars: Galaxies, a pretty cool MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game). I've had it since July 2 and play it off and on, more off than on anymore, but when I'm on I usually stay on for a few hours. It's kinda like chat with avatars that can fight and kill things! I've been playing mostly solo, though by joining in groups you can gain more experience and gather skills making you better and you can choose any kind of lifestyle you want, from an Artisan who builds things to a Marksman who destroys things, you can become a Bounty Hunter or a Dancer, it's all up to you. It's a fun waste of time. I met up with two groups today, mostly amateurs (meaning less skilled than I am) and it was a little frustrating because when you attack something, like a creature lair, there's a way to do it (one creature at a time) and a wrong way (attack the lair and have all the creatures attack you at once!), they chose the wrong way more often than not, so everyone was killed...several times.
Sigh. Anyway, it wasted some of my day.
I started watching Paycheck with Ben Affleck but was forced to take a break when my mother stopped by for an impromptu visit, just to make sure I haven't died yet from my lithotripsy procedure last week. It's okay, she's cool and all, but it threw off my rhythm and I couldn't get back into the movie after she left. I'll have to finish it tomorrow, and post a review at Rob's Video Views. I'm also awaiting a delivery from DigitalEyes.net that will include Trekkies 2 (the original Trekkies documentary on the lifestyles of...well, trekkies, is amusing and entertaining, so I'm looking forward to seeing the next bit), The Passion Of The Christ and the newly anamorphic release of The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride (it was already out on DVD and I have the initial release, but it's non-anamorphic and so it's crappy to watch on a nice 65" HDTV, so I had to get the new version!) now I'll have all 3 Lion King movies in anamorphic widescreen!
You can watch Rob's Video Views for my thoughts on these titles over the next few days, though DigitalEyes has said they should arrive by Thursday.
I watched NBC's new computer animated show Father Of The Pride tonight and found it fairly amusing. It was on at 9pm (EDT) and is considered an "adult" cartoon, not for young kids, meaning it's not for the Telletubbie crowd. The animation was superb (in High Definition Widescreen, of course) and the voice talent was great, the story was a little silly but then again it is about Sigfried & Roy's animals. I like animation (traditional and computer generated) and I like furry creatures, so it was fun for me. I have Big Brother 5 (not very interesting anymore) and The Amazing Race 5 (always fun) on TiVo (a GREAT invention in case you don't have one!) waiting for me so I must go and try to get them in before I hit the hay.
So tune in tomorrow for the continuing adventures of Rob's Brainfarts!
RobMac
No comments:
Post a Comment