This morning, as most mornings, I drift in and out of sleep to the sounds of things crashing, paper being chewed or loud screeching & meowing. She has a penchant for wires...this morning she was intent on chewing through the wire on my mouse....a dozen or so sprays from a water bottle kept bedside finally drives her mind elsewhere, but keeps my mind awake. I can't sleep anymore so I wake up...and she falls promptly to sleep - bitch.
So I am already starting off bad, when I don't sleep well I get very cranky because I'm usually in lots of pain, and today's no different as it rained all night, and weather definitely makes all the adhesions from my multiple abdominal surgeries ache. So I'm in pain, didn't sleep and it's 6am. Bad start.
So I turn on the TV...and without warning Comcast has decided to change my cable lineup...again. They do this every few months just when you finally memorize all 200 channels, they renumber them for no apparent reason other than to add 1 more channel, so they rearrange 50 or more to fit one in - bastards.
So I spent the last half hour trying to find the new numbers for the HDTV channels. They used to be in the 180-186 range, now they're 210-220 range. Why? Don't ask me, ask the geniuses at Comcast because I didn't find any new HD channels in there. It's not just those channels that have moved, minor channels like G4TechTV was 138, now it's 163 or some such thing...no sense. So I had to print out a new listing to keep by the TV to find my local ABC, CBS, NBC stations along with Fox and WB....and I now have to go through my TiVo to make sure it recorded things that were on last night and upcoming shows to verify that they'll still be recorded...or as we now say "TiVo'ed".
Not the best start to the day, but seeing as how I have nothing planned for today other than mope about the house trying not to hurt so much and maybe watch a movie or two to review. Oh, yeah, I like to write reviews, nothing professional, just thoughts about movies I've seen. You can check out my main reviews page at Rob's Reviews and my new home video review page at Video Views. I don't work due to being out on Medical Leave with this damn kidney stone.
It's been one week since I had a Lithotripsy procedure to try to break the stone up (it was 2cm and IN my right kidney) and in the past week I've passed a good amount of gravel, but nothing close to resembling 2cm, and it's slowed, so I don't know if we got it all or not. I still hurt, but I also have a stent in there to keep the stone from backing me up, and that's probably what I'm feeling more than the stone at this point. I see my urologist in a week and we'll discuss removing the stent (it's been in 3 months now, so it has to be replaced), but I'll have a CT Scan done after it comes out to see if the stone is still there or if it's small enough now to not worry about putting another stent back in for three more months. Believe me when I say you do NOT want a stent put in if you have a kidney stone, if you're a guy, they go in the long way, without making any incisions. Just think of the route to get to the kidney without cutting any skin and you'll probably shudder as I do every time I remember it. I still feel the after effects of being violated that way. I am not looking forward to going through that again.
Well, I think that's enough for one morning so check back later and see if I still have three cats by the end of the day....
RobMac
No comments:
Post a Comment