Monday, August 30, 2004

It's a boy!

Well, I'm born to Blogger.com. Here I am, admire me...or at least check on me from time to time.

It was suggested to me to start a blog since some people think I have something to say, important or not, I guess I do, so this will be a place for me to just vent about stuff that happens in my life. I don't think it's very interesting, indeed I think it's rather dull, but it was suggested that other people like to check in on us dull people to compare how dull or exciting their own lives are. Well, I guess it'll be safe to predict that your life will be far more exciting than mine once there's enough here to read.

My life in a nutshell consists of being sick...allot. You see, I have Crohn's Disease, which is a gastrointestinal disorder that makes life pretty miserable overall, but since I'm still here I guess all the drama I've been through over the last 8 years has been worth it, at least that's what they tell me.

Around December 1995 I started having some gastrointestinal difficulties, to say the least. I'll leave out the details for now. That's your digestive system to the layperson, anything that has to do with processing anything you eat from the time it enters your body until the time it leaves. It involves pain and a loss of control, which makes it pretty disgusting and almost taboo to talk about in polite conversation, and so becomes an embarrassing topic and therefore a lonely disease. I warn you now because the last 8 years and the interim surgeries (10 at last count) consume much of my thoughts so it's bound to rear its ugly head more often than not. I complain allot.

Anyway, I also tend to ramble and not make much sense, since when I type it's very "stream of consciousness" so I'm not going to adhere to perfect grammar, so don't try to correct my mistakes, I'm too lazy to change anything once it's on paper - Um, on screen?

This is enough for one night I suppose, though now that I'm typing away I see I may have enough to say to make this worthwhile, to me anyway. So, I guess I'll say goodnight and see you tomorrow.

RobMac

No comments: