I've been passing more pieces of my kidney stone, some big, some small, but in good numbers. I have been quite crampy over the last few days because of it. I am not looking forward to today.
Ivan is heading our way, or at least the remnants of Ivan, and that makes the weather dark and rainy, with a low barometer reading, making me cramp up from the surgeries I've had. My surgical adhesions from having my abdomen opened 5 times go nuts when the barometer drops and it's overcast or rainy. I'm feeling it already, and I just woke up. I'm not looking forward to today.
I'm looking forward to today because my cousin is getting married. I'm not looking forward to today because my sister has already bowed out of going (she's a grade school teacher and since school started back 2 weeks ago she's already contracted chicken pox from her students, there's an outbreak now), one of my other cousins also bowed out of going...they can't travel the 5 states or so to get here. I want to go, I want to see my cousin get married, but I don't want to go because I have pains in my back around to my bladder from the stent and kidney stone fragments, I have pains in my lower back and abdomen from the surgeries and the weather is making them worse, and it's at least a 75 minute drive each way to the wedding/reception, and the wedding itself will take at least an hour, with the reception lasting a few more, and I'd have to stay there at least an hour or two to be polite and say "hi" to everyone and eat.
I'm looking at a 6 hour day, sitting up/standing/driving. I'm not happy.
I want to cancel and I'm sure my cousin would understand, but I have these things called parents that really lay guilt on thick when they want to. "Sure you're sick but it's your cousin, it's not like she gets married every day, besides your sister already cancelled as did your cousin, so you have to go to represent." That's what they'll say. My comfort should come after everyone else is happy.
Yesterday I had to go over my parents house to install new blinds because my father couldn't look at a diagram of how to screw a clip to a wall to hang the shade, so he decided to go play with his friends, leaving mom to call me and come over to install them myself. Did I mention I was sick? Did I mention I was hurting a lot over the last few days? Doesn't matter, the old blinds are down and unless they're put up they'll be exposed to the world, not that the world cares to see two 60+ year olds in their bedroom. I had to go. After I got there and saw how dad had incorrectly installed the clips and therefore couldn't figure out how to hang the blinds, I had to take the clips down and put them back up right, then hang the blinds to the clips, which were behind some valences (?, those hanging curtian things). I finally got them up. Mom said "thank you" and gave me my ironed shirt for today's wedding, but dad was MIA the whole time and even when he came home (I assume he eventually came home) there was no call from him for a "thank you". Sigh. I guess it was just expected.
I have until about 2pm to make up my mind about telling my folks I'd much rather stay home and feel somewhat crappy than go on a long ride to a wedding (which I'd like to attend) but then feel like total shit over the next few days while I recouperate, only to be poked and prodded and then violated next week with surgery. I have this deadline because I'm going to hitch a ride with them, it's easier for them to drive than for me to sit behind the wheel of a car for two and a half hours to go to/from the church/reception, at least this way I can cry softly to myself without having to worry about other drivers killing me (which might not be a bad thing, come to think of it).
My life sucks.
RobMac
No comments:
Post a Comment