Uneventful day. I ventured nothing, and as such nothing was gained.
I called the hospital to set up my pre-admission testing appointment; which is going to be Trilogy Tuesday, September 21, at 9am. I'll get poked and prodded and then on Thursday I'll go through what no human (or animal for that matter) should have to go through; I'm going to have an instrument shoved up my (procedure description removed from polite conversation), and then we'll see if I need to go through it all again. Sigh. Did I ever mention how much being sick sucks?!
DigitalEyes is still registering my order for the Star Wars Trilogy DVDs as "In Stock, Ships in 24/48 hours", but it's said that since Monday, so who knows when they'll send it out. I have a UPS Next Day on it, so hopefully I'll have it for the weekend, I'd really like to focus on it and enjoy it rather than have it be my Recovery Distraction on Thursday.
A&E aired a truncated version of the documentary Empire Of Dreams: The Making Of The Star Wars Trilogy on Monday night, it was about 90 minutes long whereas the full version on Disc 4 will be 151 minutes long (about an hour longer)...it was interesting with lots of never-before-seen stuff (and trust me, I'm a fan who's looked for all the footage I can get ahold of) but I can't wait to see what's in that other hour. One very interesting thing that was shown that hasn't been seen for almost 30 years was the original opening crawl of Star Wars circa 1977 (that means minus the Episode IV - A New Hope title!). When they showed it I was caught off guard, not sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing. There's been so much speculation since 1979 about what the original opening crawl to Star Wars had, was there an episode number and title? Many said no, some said yes, no one could be certain (though I remember it simply as Star Wars). It got worse over the years as the new chapter and title stuck with each sequel. Of course, this started because when The Empire Stikes Back went into production, Lucas had to explain that this was part of an ongoing story, part of a story that actually started in the middle! So the Episode IV - A New Hope title was stuck on Star Wars in its rerelease in 1979 to establish to people that Empire was on its way. That was just one very neat thing to see...there were plenty of screen tests, auditions and interviews that haven't been seen in over 20 years....so it'll be very informative and fun.
Tomorrow starts another lonely day of looking longingly to the curb for that brown UPS truck to deliver my most precious package, much like Luke looked longingly at the binary sunset on Tatooine wishing to one day find his true meaning.
RobMac
No comments:
Post a Comment