Tuesday, September 14, 2004

A Few Days Off

I took a few days off from Blogging to give my brain a rest, though that didn't really happen. During the last two days I watched Jersey Girl and you can check out my review here, but in a nutshell; I liked it. I also watched Star Trek: Generations in its entirety and while the edge enhancement was a bit annoying, the DTS surround track made up for it with the punch some scenes deserved.

My kidney stone has bothered me more than usual lately and this morning I passed a nice sized chunk that seems to have been growing inside my stent...and from the shape of it I'd say it was blocking about 85-90% of the canal....and now I feel less pressure when I stand, sit or walk, so it appears to have been the culprit of the pain over the last few days.

As if the stone wasn't enough, I also suffer from "swimmer's ear" from time to time (I have had it most of my life) and on Sunday morning I seem to have gotten some water in my left ear during my shower and I have been unable to hear out of it since. I think all the water's out, and I even put a few drops of rubbing alcohol in there to dry it out (a remedy I found on several medical websites) but to no avail. I have the sniffles and my left nostril is clogged, so I may have a cold, which may have infected the Eustachian tube (the canal on the inside of the ear that drains the inner ear through the nose) which might have caused the tube to swell or even close...so I'm waiting for that to settle. Right now I have about 10% hearing in my left ear, so I'm all unbalanced and in a fair amount of discomfort. It never ends for me...seriously.

So this week I have to go for pre-admission testing for my surgery next Thursday (the 23rd) to have the stent removed (and hopefully not replaced), I also have to get a haircut today or tomorrow for my cousin's wedding on Friday (the 17th).

I am currently awaiting the arrival of the Star Wars Trilogy DVD box-set from Digital Eyes, which showed as "In Stock" on Saturday, since they probably aren't open on Sunday I waited, but checked all day yesterday for a "Shipped" notice from them, as of yet; nothing. It still shows as "In Stock" on their website so it could ship at any moment, giving me almost a week head start of anyone else queuing up at the stores next Tuesday (the 21st).
It could have shipped already, I will just have to wait and see what arrives in the mail.

There's a new Father Of The Pride tonight, so be sure to tune into NBC (HD if you have it) at 9pm Eastern for a few good laughs.

RobMac

No comments: