Saturday, September 18, 2004

Awaiting Departure...

Well, I didn't go to the wedding yesterday, and I caught less flak for it than I was afraid of. I really didn't have it in me, and I'm glad I didn't go (in the physical sense) because there was a 3 hour gap between the ceremony (no mass) and the reception! It would have been a much longer day than I was even afraid of.

While yesterday was no cake-walk, I am glad I remained inside and napped off and on all day. Today's not much better, I'm still very crampy and I have the beginnings of a migraine. The weather is oppressive and rainy...not my friend.

I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of The Star Wars Trilogy DVD set, it was shipped from Digital Eyes yesterday via UPS Next Day Air so it's due to arrive at any time now. It's a 12 hour drive from where it's coming from, so by air it should have gone from airport to airport in a few hours, but UPS's site hasn't updated since it left Illinois last night around 1030pm (ET). The UPS site says "
Delivery by noon or 1:30 p.m. on Saturday". It better be, I paid extra $$ to get it early.

I was watching my backlogged TiVo shows yesterday and on Wednesday's The Screen Savers Alex & Kevin teased the audience (in studio and at home) by revelaing their copy of the Trilogy on air. Sigh.....I am so jealous.

I will try to blog again tonight after checking out the Trilogy. I am probably going to scan through the films to check quality of picture and sound, but am mostly looking forward to the extras, Disc 4 and the commentaries on all 3 films. So I'll try to comment tonight.

This will be a day long remembered, it has seen the release of the Star Wars Trilogy, it will soon see the release of Star Wars: Battlefront.

RobMac

No comments: