UPS Sucks.
The Star Wars Trilogy never arrived, so I call up UPS since their site hasn't updated the tracking info since the set left Illinois last night at 10:30pm (ET), and I come to find out that the set was scanned as "arrived" at Philadelphia airport at 1:27pm (ET); 15 hours after being checked as "departed" Illinois!!! FIFTEEN HOURS to fly from Illinois to Philadelphia.
According to Yahoo! it's a 12 hour DRIVE...so it takes 3 hours longer to FLY THROUGH THE AIR! Being that it arrived in Philly at 1:27pm, it has already missed its Saturday 1:30pm delivery....meaning the $12.50 I paid Digital Eyes to pay UPS to arrive NEXT DAY will arrive 3 days after being shipped, on Monday. I was fuming.
So I call UPS and of course there's no explanation as to why a plane takes 15 hours and a truck would have taken 12 hours to go the same distance, and since the package arrived after the delivery trucks left for Saturday deliveries, I would have to wait until Monday, even though I paid for Next Day (to which UPS claims, that excludes Saturday deliveries, at which point I point out to the UPS drone that their website clearly says Next Day Air INCLUDES Saturdays....to which they respond, "Oh well"......OH WELL !?!?!
[Sarcasm mode on] Great customer service..... [Sarcasm mode off]
So I call up Digital Eyes and go through the same thing, wanting to know what I paid them $12.50 extra for when I could have saved that and gone with standard USPS Ground and still have gotten it on Monday. The Digital Eyes drone goes through the same "Oh well" attitude that the UPS drone did. They even went so far as to suggest that "(I) should have cancelled the UPS Next Day" and just gone with standard shipping to save the $12.50....to which I explained that had I known 3 months ago when I placed the order that they were going to steal my $12.50 and not deliver any faster than normal delivery, I would have. The drone says he can't refund the $12.50 because it was already shipped out AND being that it was sent on a Friday it would not arrive until Monday anyway, regardless of the Next Day, because UPS doesn't deliver on Saturdays. I explained to him that "Yes, UPS does deliver on Saturdays because 1) It states they do on their website and that's what I paid for and B) I saw a UPS truck in my complex around Noon" (thinking it was my delivery, but of course, my package hadn't even landed after being in the air for 15 hours).
After getting absolutely nowhere except being told I should "Order earlier to avoid this in the future" I explained that I placed my order for this package on June 3, three months ago, and if that's not early enough then they have serious Customer Service issues. I told him I would not deal with Digital Eyes in the future, and I mean not to, it's just as easy (and a lot less stressful) to just wake up Tuesday mornings and head off to Wal*Mart at 7am, Target at 8am or Best Buy at 10am and do it the old fashioned way since I really save no money either way.
So, no Trilogy today...and since I was already in a foul mood from the weather and kidney stones and adhesions and a migraine, I just shut my eyes and fell asleep for a good 5 hours. I didn't feel much better when I woke up, but I went out to my mailbox to check my snail mail and found Scooby-Doo & Scooby-Doo 2 waiting from Netflix (the greatest invention of convenience since TiVo). I didn't watch the Scooby movies yet (though I have already seen the first Scooby-Doo when it was in theaters and rented both to watch back-to-back) but I did watch Disney's Home On The Range (which I missed in the theaters, the only Disney movie I missed since Aladdin). I will write up a review tomorrow for it at Rob's Video Views, but to summarize; it was a fun movie, and if memory serves it's also the last "traditional animated movie" to come out of Disney Animation Studios, which is a shame because as good as computer animation is, there's nothing like good old paint and cell animation. I definitely recommend renting it.
So, now I'm off to soak in the tub for a bit and let this percocet I took kick in, and then at 11pm I'll catch the season premiere of MadTV (much funnier than SNL has been in years).
RobMac
No comments:
Post a Comment