Saturday, July 05, 2014

Special (Belated) Birthday Presents

I was lucky enough to feel good enough on Wednesday (July 2, 2014) to drive myself down to Ocean City, NJ and spend a few days with my sister & her family.
It was a great 2½ days, with good weather (even though Hurricane Arthur was threatening us all week), we only had some rain and strong winds for a good part of Friday (July 4), then it cleared up.
I was physically beat by then (Friday afternoon) so I decided to come home.
Plus, I was feeling - something. Not quite stones, just uncomfortable.
So I came home Friday evening and all was still well.
I slept like a rock Friday night!
Saturday morning (July 5) I woke up and was feeling really "off".
That sort of feeling where you don't really feel great, but you can't quite figure out what's wrong?
Not a headache, not a backache, not kidney stones, just - something.
So as the day wears on - it happens.
POW!!!!
A big gush of "gravel" (more kidney stones) - plus a little extra: out came a clipped piece of stent string!
(The bit that's supposed to be tied to the stent to help pull it out)
It must have just been floating around in there for the week!

 


I had a stent in me last week (along with my catheter) and there was no usual string to pull it out with (most likely because it would have caused problems with the catheter) so my doc must have clipped it off when he inserted it, and this piece was just happily floating around all week.
Anyway, it's out, and I feel a bit better.
The "odd" sensation is gone (now I know why I was feeling "off"!)
I was lucky to not have it bother me while I was on vacation, and I'm glad the stone gravel waited also.
This is everything from the past two weeks.
It is not fun when all THIS decides to come out.



I HOPE this is ALL of it now!!!

No comments: