Today I visited my mother and father to measure their bedroom windows for light blocking shades, then mom & I went to Lowes to order them. I have cordless light blocking shades in my bedroom and my mother loves them (as do I) and she's been wanting some ever since she & dad rearranged the layout in their room, so today was the day. I was expecting them to be overfull (being the holiday and all) and it was. Generally it's impossible to find an employee to help you, but today we lucked out and within 5 minutes we had our own employee to order the blinds from. We were in and out in 10 minutes; a new world record for anything in Lowes! And because it was a holiday they took 20% off the kind she wanted, so it was a good trip.
I than called my sister to see if I could visit since I had made a DVD for them of my nephew (home movies of my first nephew (15), I have three now) and as it turns out her half-brother and his girlfriend were up from Georgia visiting so she said "come on up". I get there and my brother-in-law is feeding my youngest nephew (5 months old) and my second nephew (29 months) is watching The Lion King (his favorite movie too!) and the rest of them are sitting down to eat lunch, so I join them. As we ate my brother-in-law's brothers arrive...so it's turning into a party! I didn't stay long as I was still kinda hurting but mostly because it was getting to naptime for my two youngest nephews.
Family is great, I love them all.
That's all I did today, though it was fun and it was a beautiful day here in eastern PA so I drove to & from my sister's with the top down (convertible), she's about 30 minutes away so it was a nice drive in the open sun and wind for an hour. I felt better while I was driving.
Tomorrow's the follow-up visit with my urologist and we're supposed to discuss the removal of the stent and schedule a CT Scan, so expect the unexpected tomorrow as my thoughts of how a doctor visit will go turns completely the other way once I get there.
RobMac
No comments:
Post a Comment