Monday, March 13, 2006

The End Is Nigh

I am very depressed right now.

I just found out, through Explanation Of Benefits forms from my Insurance Company that I received on Saturday, that I no longer have any coverage. It appears my coverage stopped mid-February, unbenownst to me, so some of my recent tests, office visits, and therapy sessions are not being covered.

I did some checking (through my Insurance Company and Employer's Human Resources) and found I am no longer employed (although I haven't been able to work for 3 years it was always a comfort to know a job was waiting for me - not any more), although I was never notified - so I can no longer see any doctors, have any more tests to make sure stones aren't growing/blocking anything, I can't have any more physical therapy sessions (I can at least do the 12 exercises 3 times a day still, for free at home) and no more drugs to prevent stones from growing, which means they may start growing rapidly again once my drugs are gone.

I am looking into Disability possibilities and alternative Health Care Insurance possibilities (A MUST), but as for another job? Who knows, you may see me at a Best Buy or Quizno's someday serving you, I certainly won't find another job that paid so well (when I actually worked) and had such good Insurance coverage (when I actually had it).

I am sick to my stomach - literally.
I've been throwing up this morning and shaking uncontrollably.
My nerves are frayed.

My ulcers have been in overdrive since I found out and I haven't slept in like 3 weeks (I just found out about my Insurance, but my money's been getting VERY tight and I have been hoping to return to work sometime soon, but the stones and the shoulder are my worst enemies, fighting an unending battle).

If you don't hear from me within the next few weeks with updates, I may not be around any more, either from an act of Nature
- or worse......

Goodbye Friends

RobMac

No comments: