I am now scheduled for Pre-Admission testing on Thursday, the 21st, at 9am.
I am not looking forward to it as it usually takes 120 minutes; 100 minutes is usually wasted just sitting & waiting, while the other 20 are having my blood drawn and telling the nurses my long, sordid & sad medical history.
I am also not looking forward to it because after they take your blood you're sent to the far side of the hospital, one floor up (that you have to walk yourself; walking hurts me now...a lot), to wait and talk to the anesthesiologist where I just say "I've been 'under' over 30 times, I'm quite aware of what to expect", then you're sent back to where you began, one floor down and a hospital distance away (which, again, you have to walk yourself) to wait until a nurse asks if you wear glasses....which I don't understand why they don't just look at you before they ask...sigh. It's far too much walking and waiting for so little blood and info that they have already gotten from me every single time I've gone in there. I'll have to ask them "Don't you write this stuff down?"
Then on October 27 I will be admitted to the hospital and Radiology will either replace or just fiddle with my nephrostomy and then on the 28th I'll under-go a Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy, where a laser will be inserted into my kidney through the nephrostomy to break apart the kidney stone (hopefully once and for all).
With normal luck, I should be discharged around the 30th, but with my luck and The Third Option always at play I'll most likely not get out until after the election, depriving me of my opportunity to make my voice heard regarding who I want as President.
Worst case is I could lose my kidney altogether, but if it means no more stone or nephrostomy tube, I just might not be too upset about that, but I could only be so lucky, I'll most likely wind up with the nephrostomy tube staying in because the doc couldn't get all the stone and has to try again (probably 5 or more weeks later, nothing is ever done quickly in the medical industry any more).
I am not confident at all of my future....I am depressed and frustrated.
RobMac
No comments:
Post a Comment