I'm torn.
I have mixed emotions.
On the one hand I'm SO glad the 2-year long campaigns for the next President of the United States is drawing to a close. It's been a long, annoying 2 years (with the last 7 weeks being nearly intolerable!) I won't miss the name calling, the lies, the trivial arguments that somehow trump the more important problems in our country and the world, the robo-calls, the solicitors bothering me at home, at the stores, on street corners, on the radio, on the TV, and on the internet. It will be so good to have all this divisive rhetoric cease (at least for 2-3 more years.)
On the other hand; damn has this been an interesting rollercoaster of a ride!?!
It's been funny and sad to watch all these politicians duke it out for the role of The Ultimate "Biggest Loser". The politics of politics is the realm of the absurd and it's been one hell of a show!
That part I will miss.
One way or another (barring another Florida-2000 fiasco), in just 9 more days we will finally have a difinitive answer (as opposed to skewed polls) as to who has won this round of American Idol, I mean, American President.
Then...well, how can it possibly get any worse?
RobMac
No comments:
Post a Comment