Sunday, September 03, 2006

The Great One Lives On

"Weird Al" Yankovic is releasing another album (YES, he's STILL around!) called "Straight Outta Lynwood" and in a genius bit of promotion you can get two of the songs from this upcoming album on his website.
(Well, one, actually, the other is on his MySpace page)
First, go to his official site here http://www.weirdal.com/home.htm and go down to the section (on the right, about halfway down the page) for "You're Pitiful" (a parody of James Blunt's 'You're Beautiful'), there are several links right from this page (I can't get it out of my head! - it's great).
Then the best bit, a song called "Don't Download This Song" (a satire about the RIAA and illegal downloading) and you can get it now by downloading (stealing!) it from his MySpace page!

!!!BRILLIANT!!!

His MySpace page is here http://www.myspace.com/weirdal
(Beware, though, he has a silly media player that blasts music at you, so turn down your volume and/or just hit "stop" on the player once the page loads), the link to download "Don't Download This Song" is in this player's skin.

How can you NOT love "Weird Al"?!?!

I've been a fan of his since grade school (and "Eat It") and he still puts out great stuff.
I just thought I'd share this amazing (and socially-relevant) marketing scheme of his with all of you.
(All two of you!)
Enjoy!

RobMac

No comments: