Thursday, March 10, 2005

Space...The Final Frontier....These Are Not About The Voyages Of The Starship Enterprise

First things first, for those reading this on Thursday, March 10, tune into The O.C. tonight on Fox (Channel 29 here in Philly). I'm serious. I don't normally watch this show, in fact I've never seen a single episode, but I will watch tonight.

You see, tonight the folks at Fox will premiere the all new, full length Star Wars: Episode III-Revenge Of The Sith Trailer, a day before it's shown at theaters before Robots and before it's even available to subscribers of StarWars.com's Hyperspace. If the Teaser is any sign of what's to come, the Trailer should totally rock!! Be sure to record it (or better yet TiVo it!) and watch it again and again.

Those with Comcast Cable and the On Demand feature can check out the Teaser under
Movies and then Trailers, go down to "S" for Star Wars.

Secondly, and up there on on Cool Meter, is a new feature at SciFi.com for their remake of Battlestar Galactica. Ronald D. Moore (Producer) is now doing "Podcasts", which are full length commentaries that can be listened to on your iPod (or other MP3 player) while you watch the show (there are beeps when you should pause for commercials). I have listened to the first podcast for Episode 109 (#9 - "Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down" aired 3/4/05) and they've just added the Podcast for the upcoming Episode 110 (#10 - "The Hand Of God", due to air tomorrow night, 3/11/05).

I wonder why it took so long for someone to think of this!?!

You can either download Podcasting software (free) and link to the SciFi.com site (the program will automatically download any new podcasts it finds for new episodes) or you can just download the MP3 either in parts, (each part between commercials) or the whole thing (I downloaded the whole thing, I am burning my own DVDs of the series, so I remove the commercials anyway, and I was able to listen to the whole thing uninterrupted - very cool).

This could be a whole new way for Directors and Producers to release commentaries for TV shows or even movies (without re-releasing another DVD)!!! I am excited about the possibilities, I only hope this idea grows in popularity and doesn't fall into the cracks of oblivion.

There's also now a Full Trailer (in addition to the Teaser) available for The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy (The Movie!), check it out HERE.
Be a hoopy frood - pack your towel and Babel Fish, warm up your Infinite Improbability Drive and stick out that sub-ether "Thumb"!

UPDATE (9:02pm) - That was awesome!!!
If the movie's even 1/10th as good as this Trailer was, we finally have a Prequel that lives up to the Original Trilogy!!!

UPDATE (11:15pm) - I knew it wouldn't take long, now you don't have to be a Hyperspace member at StarWars.com to see the Trailer online, download it from HERE or HERE (right click and Save As)....pretty decent quality, though SW.com will be better.

Only 69 Days until
Star Wars: Episode III-Revenge Of The Sith
releases in North America!!!


RobMac

No comments: