I resumed a hobby of sorts...for the first time since August 2004 I went out to the movies. I have written a few reviews over the last few days for Garden State, Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy (see both reviews here)& today I finally saw (and reviewed) The Incredibles (See that review here).
While not a full-time, part-time, or even a real job, it is just something I like to do since I like movies so much, so I'm sort of returning to normal.
Now, I just need to get back to my real full-time job at Amtrak, which I've been off on Medical Leave from for about 4 years. Once I do that, I can really feel normal again.
Before I do that though I am playing with the idea of taking a short vacation, something I haven't really had since 1999 when I went to Florida and visited my aunt and experienced Hurricane Floyd first hand (though it was rather mild). I am very tentatively toying with the idea of Las Vegas. I have a relative out there who wants me to visit and I've always wanted to see The Strip first hand. I'm not a gambler, so the casinos don't really interest me, but I'd love to see the Hotels and specifically the Las Vegas Hilton since they host Star Trek: The Experience. I could spend a few days enjoying that exhibit.
This is all very tentative and no plans have been made, I may be forced to return to work by pressure from my folks, but since it's been 6 years since I've had a vacation of any kind and it'll be at least another year and a half until I get an official vacation from work, it's now or never. So that's an idea running through my head right now.
RobMac
No comments:
Post a Comment