Thursday, September 30, 2004

About To Blow

Mount St. Helens is about to blow her stack again since the big one back on May 18, 1980. She could go at any time...or not at all.

I remember back in 1980 when I was 10 and my friends and I went outside a few days after the eruption and wiping the dust from the cloud that travelled all the way to Pennsylvania. It was cool to think that something that was beneath the Earth on the other side of the country could travel all the way through the air and land on my parent's car. Hopefully, this eruption will be as dramatic but with less loss of life and damage. There's a cool webcam I found that is centered on Mt. St. Helens, check it out HERE and keep your eyes open!

I continue to recover from surgery and each day I feel a little less pain and am a little calmer and less depressed. Aside from the rainy weather I feel pretty good. My wound looks good and everything else seems to be settling down nicely. I see my urologist tomorrow at 10:10am so I'll find out what the next step will be and when.
I was told he'd do another surgery in 2-3 weeks to go in through the nephrostomy tube and physically break apart the stone with lazers and remove as much of the debris as possible, though some will undoubtably escape the long way out.

I have updated my review of the Star Wars Trilogy DVDs, though it is still incomplete. I plan to finish Return Of The Jedi tonight and hopefully fill out the rest of my review by tomorrow. As much free time as I have, I spend most of it now either trying to catch naps between bursts of pain or catching up on my TiVo backlog of shows.

I'll be watching the Presidential Debate tonight to see how each candidate handles themselves, though I am not very excited because of the "39 page Rulebook". 39 pages on how two people will behave towards each other....seems more like Kindergarden. There will be no hard hitting questions, there will be no direct contact between Bush or Kerry and there will be no realism, it's a scripted show with no room for honest reactions since they'll know what will be asked ahead of time.

I don't think this is the way to elect a leader, hell, it's just a Dog And Pony Show to exploit how well one candidate's handlers have trained him above the other. This isn't a political blog, so I won't go into my politics since Politics & Religion are the two things I don't like to discuss with people because both are very personal and people have deep feelings about each and any discussion usually makes one feel like their views are right and someone else's are wrong and that's why we go to war. I feel like each person's religious & political views are right for them and no one else, and if I don't agree with someone then they'll take that as a personal affront. Live and let live, that's my motto. So I'll leave my views out of this blog, there are plenty of others out there.

That's all for now....

RobMac

No comments: